Seguros Zurich Tenerife Agencia de Seguros TVT Seguros Los Cristianos Adeje Las Americas Santa Cruz de Tenerife Puerto de la Cruz Tenerife
Seguros Zurich Tenerife Agencia de Seguros TVT Seguros Zurich Los Cristianos Zurich Adeje Zurich Las Américas Zurich Santa Cruz de Tenerife Zurich Puerto de la Cruz

House Insurance ZURICH In TENERIFE

Home Insurance in tenerife

Zurich Flexible Home Foreigner

Modular insurance which adapts to the protection needs of your foreign customers’ property, whether it is their main home or a property to let. Included Liability if you rent your house as a vacation home!

What’s new in it?

• Specific covers for main homes (second homes are treated like main homes) and properties to let.

• Range of purchase options: Standard and Total.

• Access to additional services courtesy of Zurich: Home Handyman Service, IT Support Service, Pest Control Service.

• Extended sums insured and cover limits, such as in the Electrical damage, Water damage, Total destruction and All-risk accident covers.

• Very high sums insured to cover the outside of the property: damage to gardens and furniture on terraces and in gardens.

• Discounts for customers with more than one product and more than one policy: if the customer has already taken out home or car insurance with us, they also get a discount.

• Insurance for properties to let in their various forms: traditional letting or via online platforms (touristic); seasonal or long term.

• We’re there 24/7: you can call 24-hour helplines for support in case of unforeseen events.

 The extension of covers makes this into a high performance insurance product which delivers solutions in extremely critical situations for the customer.

Extension of covers

– Temporary loss of use

– Emergency locksmith

– Emergency repairs (electricity)

– Property on trips and short stays

– Travel assistance: finding and sending baggage


With the Extension of covers, Zurich gives them these free additional services:*

• Home Handyman Service

• IT Support Service

• Pest Control Service

Zurich Insurance Tenerife

Here are some reasons why we recommend this insurance for you:

Zurich Foreign Resident exclusive clauses:

• Inclusion of general excess in the insurance

• Liability for tenants

• Clause for properties let furnished

• Extension of the reconstruction of garden cover

• Extension of the terrace and garden furniture cover

• Extension of the insured limit for cosmetic damage

• Extension of the maximum limit for burglary from storage rooms and attached structures

• Extension of the electrical damage cover

Check the covers and services that every home should have and which you can add to so they meet your real needs. That way whatever happens your home is protected against possible damage.

Essential Covers


If you lose the rent on your property due to an incident, we cover up to 15% of the sum insured for buildings for at most 6 months for the rent you lose during this time.


If one of your windows breaks or you have a water leak, our 24-hour service will deal with the problem.


If a radiator leaks and damages the floor, we pay for damage to the property you have insured.


If an electrical appliance is damaged by a power surge, we cover electrical damage up to the sum insured.


If your kitchen countertop breaks, we cover the cost of a new one plus transport and installation.


If you drop your hairdryer and crack the washbasin, we cover the cost of a new one plus transport and installation.


If a water leak damages your bathroom tiles, we replace them. And if we can’t find the same ones, we get ones that are as similar as possible.


If there is a fire or explosion in your home, we pay for 100% of the damage.


If a power cut ruins the food in your refrigerator, we pay the sum insured for the ruined food.


If your home becomes uninhabitable, we cover the cost of renting another one similar to yours while it is being repaired.


If you have a break-in, we pay up 100% of whatever you have insured.

If burglars steal money from your safe or jewellery, we pay the amount you have insured.


If you accidentally injure someone else, we cover any payments, bonds or lawyer fees you have to pay.


If you are involved in a court case (in Spain), we cover the cost of the proceedings and your lawyer up to the sum you have taken out.



If you have a problem with your computer, we’ll help you solve it online or send an engineer to your home.


If you need to assemble some furniture or replace a tap, a professional will come to your home and do it for you

Calculate the price of Zurich Home Insurance

Request a no obligation quote and take out your home insurance with the best guarantee, that of Zurich Seguros.

Frequently Asked Questions about Zurich Home Insurance

Find the answers to all your questions here

Home insurance is a type of insurance that covers your home and possessions in case of theft, damage or other losses. It can also provide liability coverage if someone is injured on your property.

Home insurance usually covers the structure of your home, as well as any detached structures, such as sheds or garages (a concept known as Continent).

It may also cover your personal belongings, such as furniture, electronics and clothing (known as Contents).

Some home insurance policies have an excess, which is the amount you will have to pay out of pocket before your insurer starts paying for any losses.

Home insurance can help give you peace of mind by providing financial protection in the event of a covered loss.

As the weather gets warmer and summer approaches, many of us start spending more time outdoors. If you have a garden or terrace, it is the perfect time to invest in new garden furniture. However, garden furniture can be expensive. That’s why it’s important to make sure your garden furniture is properly insured. Zurich home insurance covers garden furniture against damage caused by inclement weather (atmospheric phenomena), so you can enjoy the outdoors without worrying. With Zurich home insurance, you can relax and enjoy your garden knowing that your furniture is well protected.

The standard cover is 1,500 euros per claim, but if you wish, when you take out the policy, you can ask for this amount to be increased.

Zurich’s home insurance offers great protection against damage caused by a volcano as it is a member of the Consorcio de Compensación de Seguros, a public-private entity, attached to the Ministry of Economy. Through the Consorcio de Compensación de Seguros, your home is covered for damage caused by a volcano. If a volcanic eruption occurs again (such as the one on La Palma in September 2021), you can be sure that your home will be insured. This is a great advantage, as it gives you peace of mind knowing that your home is protected in the event of another volcanic eruption.

One of the most important aspects of your home insurance policy is contents cover. This is the part of the policy that covers the personal belongings inside your home in the event of a covered loss. To determine the appropriate amount of coverage, you will need to take an inventory of your possessions and estimate their value. Keep in mind that replacement cost coverage will reimburse you for the replacement cost of your belongings, regardless of depreciation. If you have valuable items, such as jewellery or art, you should make a specific list with photos, values and description of each piece.  They are considered as contents of your home:

  • Furniture, including fixed kitchen and bathroom furniture, air conditioning equipment located in a wall (split and compressor), glass-ceramic hobs, trousseau, clothes, household appliances, artistic pieces, jewellery, collections and, in general, all objects of personal use and provisions that are inside the insured dwelling described in the Particular Conditions, annexed outbuildings, gardens, which are the property of the Insured Person or of relatives and domestic staff who live with him, are economically dependent on him and have no other legal domicile or, although not owned by the aforementioned persons, are in their possession through rental, by means of an accrediting document or loan, or under a clause of reservation of title.
  • Jewellery, jewellery, watches and objects made of noble metals or precious stones.
  • Objects and collections of high value. Any objects such as image or sound equipment, musical instruments, sports equipment, paintings, works of art, antiques, furniture cataloged as antiques, silver or ivory objects, furs, tapestries, carpets, the unit value of which exceeds €6,000. In the case of sets or collections that naturally constitute a set, the unit value is that of the set as a whole.
  • Goods for professional use. The furniture, trousseau, utensils, instruments, apparatus and documentation, provided that they are located in the dwelling described in the Particular Conditions.
  • Property belonging to third parties. The property of persons other than the Policyholder or the Insured Party who do not habitually live with him.

Objects used for professional or commercial purposes are NOT considered to be content in Zurich policies, and therefore are not covered in the policy, unless stipulated in a specific clause.

Pets, motor vehicles, caravans, trailers and boats are NOT considered to be covered by Zurich’s policies, unless provided for in a specific clause.

Home insurance is a type of insurance that helps protect your home and belongings in case of damage or loss. A key component of home insurance policies is the building. The building is the part of the policy that covers the structure of your home, such as the walls, floors and roof. It also includes any attached structures, such as a garage or a terrace.

The building can also help cover the cost of temporary accommodation in case your home is damaged or destroyed. In some cases (e.g. in case of fire), it can even cover the cost of rebuilding your home. As you can see, the building is an important part of home insurance and should be taken into account when choosing a policy.

Building in Zurich home insurance policies means the building or dwelling including:

  • The foundations and any installations forming part of said building or dwelling, such as water, gas, electricity, solar and wind energy, air conditioning equipment located on a wall or roof inside the dwelling, satellite dishes and telephony up to their connection with the general service networks, and, provided they are within the property where the dwelling is located, heating, boilers and water heaters, solar panels, lifts and, in general, all elements fixed to the insured building or property that cannot be separated from it without breakage or deterioration.
  • Fixed kitchen and bathroom furniture, as well as built-in wardrobes, sanitary ware and bath screens.
    Carpets, paintings, wallpaper, wallpaper, parquet, wood or other objects of use and decoration placed in the building or dwelling by its owner, in such a way as to reveal the purpose of permanently attaching them to the building or dwelling.
  • Outbuildings such as a private garage, car parking space, storage room and, in general, any building that is anchored to the ground and is constructed with solid materials intended for the building, which, although outside the space delimited by the dwelling itself, form an integral part of the building.
  • The private garage or parking space of the Insured person’s own car, provided that this area is for the exclusive use of the Insured person and is located in a different situation from the insured property or building.
    The fixed installations of the building such as those for the detection and prevention of fire or burglary, fences, fences, walls (including those containing the land of the property), gardens, trees, swimming pool and garage.
  • The earth retaining walls of the property are guaranteed up to 10% of the sum insured for the building.
    If the Insured person works as a co-owner, the property will be considered as real estate, in addition to the part of his property that corresponds to him in the undivided property, in the event that the insurance established for the common account of the co-owners is insufficient or does not exist.

In Spain, home insurance is not compulsory. There are exceptions, of course. For example, if you have a mortgage on your home, your bank will require you to have an insurance policy that covers fire damage. But for most homeowners in Spain, insurance is a voluntary option. Of course, that doesn’t mean it’s not a good idea to insure your home. After all, as the saying goes, “prevention is better than cure”. And given the risk of natural disasters such as floods and forest fires in Spain, having a good home insurance policy can give you peace of mind. So, it is worth considering insuring your home.

A home is often a family’s biggest investment, and it is essential to protect that investment with home insurance. Home insurance can help cover the cost of repairs in the event of damage caused by fire, storms or other natural disasters. It can also provide financial protection in case someone is injured on your property. In addition, home insurance can help cover the cost of rebuilding your home if it is destroyed. Although the cost of home insurance may seem like an expense you can do without, it is important to remember that the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home could be much higher than the cost of the annual premium. That’s why home insurance is an essential part of protecting your family’s biggest investment.

At TVT Seguros we have been the exclusive agency for Zurich Insurance since 1996 and we have various insurance options for your home: Renters Insurance, Homeowners Insurance, Holiday Home Insurance, Apartment Insurance, House Insurance, etc. Request your quote now!


Get your House Insurance Quote at the Best Prices!